Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday ramblings..

Today's entry is going to be somewhat of a rambling more than anything. I decided to just talk about what's been going on.

Well, Matt and I bought an Xbox 360 the other day. Let me tell ya, they ain't cheap! Actually, it wasn't even a planned thing, we were at Target looking for some small things like shampoo and such and happened by the gaming section. We both noticed the 3 white boxes containing the new console, 1 core package, and 2 platinum packages. We immediately looked at eachother and wondered what our budget will allow. Funny, we went home and did our budget. As it turned out, we had the cash to buy it. So, we went back and bought it, long with a second controller and Call of Duty 2 (CoD2). When all was said and done, we spent $450.00 on this little white box with a brick for a power supply. Haha. We took it home and after completing an update on the thing, it crapped out. Just like that. Matt contacted technical support, but didn't want to waste time on shipping the thing over to where they can fix it, and then wait another 2 weeks while they fix it, then ship it back. So, he took it back and got his refund.

The very next day, he drove over to Best Buy during his lunch break and bought one. They had like 40 consoles! He went home and set it up, and voila, it was game time! I think I've played more than he has though. I love to play video games. Always have, since Nintendo. Matt traded in our old Xbox and accessories for a DVD remote and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (GRAW). We realized that it was cheaper to pay $20.00 for a DVD remote, than to buy a $150.00 DVD player. Our Xbox plays games, CDs, and DVDs. It's our little media center. Now, Matt wants to buy a Windows Media Center so he can network it with the 360 and our computer. I think that'll have to wait a bit. A good bit. He's such a geek.

Anyway, I've been playing CoD2 and am just having a blast. I love these shooter games, and, I just happen to be good at them. This one is set back in WW2 and you have to play different allied soldiers and work your way to US forces. The graphics are amazing, and the game play is pretty good. I think the new 360 controllers are sleek and the translation of game elements into the controller are great. Although, it's a bit tough switching from CoD2 to GRAW to Halo 2. Buttons and triggers do different things, and man, it takes a bit to get the hang of it when I switch over to a different game.

Last night, we played GRAW online with some of Matt's buddies. I think this was the greatest feature of Xbox Live and most especially, with the Halo 2 environment. Sure, you run into the little immature punks who love to talk to smack, but man, it's a lot of fun to get together with the same people all over the world. I get to play Halo 2 with my brother and sister, who are 2,000 miles away, or with some of Matt's buddies who live 2 miles away. Building communities, albeit gaming communities, but that's something that just watching television or listening to the radio can't do.

Let the ramblings continue. Ultimate Fighter 3 premiered last night. We love the show. We love UFC. Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock are coaches this time around, and I think this'll make for some good drama. That coupled with good fighting, good looking guys, and you have a great show. In my opinion of course. What do you expect? I am a girl after all. Yeah, I know, a girl who loves video games and UFC. It's true. I also love sports, baseball, football, hockey, soccer, and the list goes on and on. Oddly enough, I hate shopping. But, we can talk about that another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger ABDULRAHEEM said...

thanks for sharing this article to us , it is very nice article ,
i really like like this article because i got good info about this article thanks for sharing this article to us best regards.
buying used laptops in hyderabad

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home