Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ideas To Ponder

It seems as though I am blowing through the list of books on the recommendation list. Truly I am devouring every nuance in each book in an attempt to engrave in my mind the mentality and attitude to which one becomes wealthy. I am wealthy in a sense already with a loving husband, beautiful daughter, two mongrel muts, and a deep-seeded faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My aim at the moment is to develop the 'rich' mentality so that my childrens' education and our retirement are more than feasible.

Currently, I have read Rich Dad Poor Dad and just completed The Richest Man In Babylon last night. If you are reading this, I highly recommend these books to aid in your financial and personal endeavors, whatever they may be. I started reading Think and Grow Rich today, and I have to clarify that the book doesn't deal simply with acquiring wealth but of adopting a mentality to which you are able to attain anything you desire.

Many of the limitations we encounter are self-induced and can be overcome. "It is essential for you to encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of your mind, and discourage-and eliminate negative emotions" describes Napoleon Hill in Think and Grow Rich.

It seems as though normal people like you and I, have conjured up excuses or alibis to our misfortunes or lack of progress in certain areas of our lives. Not too long ago my husband and I sat in our little pity-party about our financial progress, or lack thereof. But those days are behind us and now, we both look forward to the possibilities.

In merely four months, with much planning and hard work, we paid off over $10,000 of debt, including 3 credit cards and our truck. We sit down together every month and plan our budget. We've all heard that saying "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" and I agree wholeheartedly that it is so. Robert Kiyosaki, George Clason and Napoleon Hill were adamant about this very thing in their books. They didn't believe in such a thing as luck, and now, I don't either. Remember that "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home